Showing 17 results

Authority record
Beth Hamidrash Hagadol
Synagogue · 1887-1952

Beth Hamidrash Hagadol, known commonly as the McCaul Street Synagogue, was a conservative synagogue based in Toronto. Established in 1887, the Congregation moved into its more famous McCaul Street location in 1905 and was renamed Beth Hamidrash Hagadol Chevra T'hilim. In September of 1952, the synagogue and its sister synagogue Goel Tzedec amalgamated to form Beth Tzedec.

Canadian Jewish News
Periodical · 1960-

A weekly English-language newspaper dedicated to the Canadian Jewish community, with headquarters in Toronto and a bilingual English-French Montreal edition. Since December 2020, the CJN has been moved to a digital-first format.

Canadian Jewish Review
Periodical · 1921-1966

An English-language Canadian newspaper, with offices in Toronto and later Montreal. With a focus more on social histories than politics, the Canadian Jewish Review has since been regarded as an important genealogical resource. Merged with the Canadian Jewish Chronicle in 1966, becoming the Chronicle Review.

Canadian Jewish Weekly
Periodical · 1926-1979

Canadian Jewish Weekly ("Keneder yiddishe vochenblatt", or Vochenblatt) was a major Yiddish-language communist newspaper, first published weekly and later biweekly. First titled "Der kampf" ("The Struggle"), then "Der veg" ("The Road"), until finally settling on Vochenblatt in October 1940. In 1941, the magazine began regularly including English pages to connect to anglophone Jews.

Periodical · 1868-

The oldest continually published periodical in Canada, the CPJ was founded by the Canadian Pharmaceutical Society. It has since been renamed the Canadian Pharmacists Journal.

Canadian Tribune
Periodical · 1940-1992

A weekly Canadian newspaper founded by the Canadian Tribune Publishing Company, merged with the Pacific Tribune in 1992 to form the (now inactive) Tribune.

Carleton University
School · 1942-

Carleton University is an English-language public research university in Ottawa, Ontario.