Showing 63 results

Authority record
Quebec

Canadian Jewish Review

  • Periodical
  • 1921-1966

An English-language Canadian newspaper, with offices in Toronto and later Montreal. With a focus more on social histories than politics, the Canadian Jewish Review has since been regarded as an important genealogical resource. Merged with the Canadian Jewish Chronicle in 1966, becoming the Chronicle Review.

Chevra Kadisha-B'nai Jacob Congregation

  • Synagogue
  • 1886-

The Chevra Kadisha B'nai Jacob is the result of the amalgamation of two of the oldest Orthodox synagogues in Montreal. The B'nai Jacob (est. 1886) was located first on St. Constant (now called De Bullion), then on Fairmount from 1918 until 1956. The Chevra Kadisha (est. 1893) began as a burial society affiliated with a synagogue. It was incorporated in 1901 and had a variety of locations, until in 1954 members began to plan and build a new permanent sanctuary and community centre. Although the B'nai Jacob merged in the middle of this construction, it was incorporated into the new building's plans. The new synagogue, which also houses an afternoon school and more recently the Creative Social Centre for seniors, opened in 1958.

Source: https://www.cjhn.ca/link/cjhn17

Chevra Shaas Congregation

  • Synagogue
  • [1908]-

The Chevra Shaas Congregation is composed of several merged synagogues, including Chevra Shaas, Adath Jeshurun, Hadrath Kodesh, Shevet Achim D'bet Abraham, and Chaverim Kol Yisrael. Chevra Shaas closed its doors in 2006, and members moved their scrolls to the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue of Montreal, where they continue to keep their own service.

CKAC

  • Corporate body
  • 1922-

CKAK is a private commercial radio station in Montreal, Quebec.

Concordia University

  • School
  • 1974-

Concordia University was founded in 1974 following the merger of Loyola College and Sir George Williams University.

Congregation Beth Ora

  • Synagogue
  • 1953-

Congregation Beth Ora is a Modern Orthodox synagogue serving the Ashkenazi Jewish community in Saint Laurent, Quebec. It was founded in 1953 under the name "The Jewish Congregation of Saint Laurent" and later changed to "Beth Ora" in 1959.

Congregation House of Israel

  • Synagogue
  • 1953-

House of Israel is an Orthodox synagogue in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Quebec, serving the Laurentian Jewish community. The congregation also hosts a religious school and early learning centre.

Congregation Rodeph Shalom

  • Synagogue
  • 1969-1991

Temple Rodeph Shalom was a synagogue located on 96 Fredmir Street, Dollard-Des Ormeaux, Quebec. In 1991, it was acquired by the Association Sépharade de la Banlieue Ouest de Montréal (Sephardic Association of Western Montreal) and merged into Synagogue Or Shalom.

Results 11 to 20 of 63